Kimmay on The Marilyn Denis Show
Come along with Kimmay Caldwell, bra fit expert, Undergarment Educator, and self-love coach on The Marilyn Denis Show! Take a glimpse at the recaps of some of her latest appearances, shop the styles shared on the air, and get extra tips and advice that didn’t make it to the show. Hurray!
Hurray! I’m back on my favorite Canadian lifestyle show, The Marilyn Denis Show! This is my 8th or so time on the show, and I’m so grateful to be back. This time Marilyn and I (with the help of two wonderful viewers), played a fun game to bust some bra myths! Below...
Ready for summer? ...how about your bras?? Here to help with your bras and so much more! I was back for my 7th time on Canadian TV’s The Marilyn Denis Show to share “the bras of summer”! That means the bras that will support you throughout this hot and steamy season....
Hurray! I love working with great TV shows to bring you my heart and expertise - especially The Marilyn Denis Show up in Canada! I’ve already visited this popular set to film 5 segments about all manner of things lingerie and support in the past. For the 6th time - we...
Free Bra Class
Want to wear a bra without ripping it off at the end of the day? Watch How to Find a Comfortable Bra Fit For Your Body WITHOUT Wasting Your Money on Bras You Dread Wearing! Plus, you'll also get Kimmay's Bra Fit Guide, and a taste of Bra Confidence & Comfort™. Watch now and don't spend another minute feeling uncomfortable in your bra.
New and Innovative Undergarments
This segment aired on The Marilyn Denis Show on CTV November 20th, 2018. Kimmay shared some the most amazing undergarments out there that you can try yourself. From period-proof underwear and sweat-proof shirts, she showed Marilyn and the audience how to say hurray for (the coolest, new) lingerie!
Watch the video or get more info over on Marilyn.ca or below!
Click here to read the Innovative styles and information from the show!
Bras are a great place to start! Want a deeper level of support? I’m here to help.
More Kimmay on The Marilyn Denis Show!
Maternity and Nursing Undergarments
This segment aired on The Marilyn Denis Show on CTV November 9th, 2018. Kimmay gave bra makeovers to two amazing women – one who is expecting and one who is nursing – and she showed Marilyn and the audience some of her best tips for bras, underwear, and sleepwear when nursing and expecting (along with plenty of advice for just about everyone!).
Watch the video or get more info over on Marilyn.ca or below!
Click here to read the Maternity and Nursing styles and information from the show!
Maternity bras are worn during pregnancy. Typically the most rapid change in bust size happens during the first trimester. Continue to check in on the fit of your bras with a fitter, or yourself. I suggest fitting a maternity bra on the middle hook in the back so that you can adjust in if it stretches, and out if your body (and bump!) expand. You may also want to go wire-free and stretchy cup so the bra can move with you as your body changes. Watch the clip for my tips on maternity bras, or stay tuned for an upcoming blog post! A few to try:
- Montelle Cup-sized bralette – I am in love with this bra myself! It’s also great for maternity use because it’s a pretty bralette with adjustable straps, a supportive band, and made in a cup size range for a great fit.
- Fortnight Vera Longline – Another one that anyone can wear, this wire-free longline bra has stretchy cups that adjust with your growing bust, and a wide, supportive band. I’ve been told that some moms pull down the cups and nurse in this one, too!
- Miel LeLe bra – Many expecting moms want to sleep in a wire-free bra, and this stretchy style is soft and can move with you while you sleep. So cozy with a soft yarn and an antimicrobial material as a bonus!
Nursing bras come in various shapes, styles, and functions. I highly suggest getting fit for several nursing bras around 30 weeks into your pregnancy. Typically speaking, you’ll also want a stretchy style with lots of room in the cup for the engorgement just after giving birth. Then when you are back onto a regular feeding or pumping schedule, breasts tend to settle into about the size they were at 30 weeks. As for style, nursing bras have come a long way! Watch the clip for my more tips or look for a blog post coming soon.
- A few great nursing bras to try by Anita:
- Seamless Wire-Free Nursing Bra – a stretchy style like this one is great for right after childbirth when engorgement can boost your bust up several cup sizes, and fluctuate rapidly. A style like this is also great for sleeping and middle of the night feedings. It has a string sling so there’s lots of skin to skin contact with baby.
- Miss Lovely Wire-free Nursing Bra – once you’re on a regular feeding or pumping schedule, and perhaps back to life’s normal activities, a smooth cup style like this is great for underneath your clothes!
- Polka Dot Padded Nursing Bra – this adorable style has a super soft material with a bit of thickness that helps hide nursing pads. It also has a soft, full sling which can help guide your breast to baby’s mouth.
- Fleur Wire-Free Nursing Bra – I love the lace on this style! Stylish and supportive.
Other great styles included in the segment:
- Mayana Geneviere Nayana bodysuit – this gorgeous bodysuit can be worn by anyone, but it’s especially great for nursing moms. The patented clip free design makes pulling the cup down – and looking your best – possible.
- Mayana Geneviere Tara All-in-one Corset – these underwear are great for support after giving birth, a c-section, or hysterectomy . . . with style!
- Hooked Up Shapewear Stretch High Waist Mid-thigh Shaper – this lightweight shapewear has patented hooks in the back that attach underneath your bra band to your straps so there’s no falling down or rolling. Hurray!
- Montelle Bust Support Chemise – if your bust feels sore at night try sleeping in this chic, wire-free bust support chemise. It’s adorable and supportive. A great option for many people, not just those who are expecting.
- Thinx Hip Hugger – it’s common for leakage and a bit of urine to escape during pregnancy, and post partum. Try the Thinx line of underwear, usually designed for periods, to stay fresh and clean! I’m obsessed with these and highly recommend them.
Style notes: I’m wearing a top from Zara, pants from Carmen Marc Valvo, and shoes from Amazon.
Sister Makeover and Tips to a Great Fit
This segment aired on The Marilyn Denis Show on CTV June 15th, 2018. Kimmay gave bra makeovers to two amazing sisters, and she showed Marilyn and the audience what to look for in a good bra fit. Use these expert tips to check in on your own bra fit!
Watch the video over on Marilyn.ca!
Click here to read the information from the show!
Rachel – This sister complained about straps that kept slipping off. She was told she had “sloping shoulders”. And while every shoulder shape is unique and may have different needs, I didn’t find this to be true. Believe it or not, the straps of your bra often slip or fall if the back band is too big! When your back band is too loose (either because it’s a size or two too big, or it’s stretched out) it will rede up. This means the straps no longer have anything to which to anchor and will slip and slide all day. Starting with a firm band did the trick for Rachel – even when we tried a balcony style with far set straps! Learn more about how to tell if your bra fits (including the band).
Dayna – Dayna had that common issue of wearing the “right size”, but it wasn’t fitting her at all. The cups were falling away, or she would spill out of them. And she was super uncomfortable! After some soulful bra fitting together we found a style that worked for her petite frame and full bust! Not only did it have a flexible, molded, 3D spacer cup so it gave her a seamless look, the Panache bra also has a j-hook in the back so she can wear it as a racerback. Hurray! And because Dayna is a sassy person, we found her a gorgeous printed lace and cut-and-sew bra that fit her like a glove (and helped her say hurray!).
Next I gave Marilyn the low down on how to tell if your bra even fits. Maybe you bought it online and have it at home and aren’t sure. Maybe you bought it a long time ago and wonder if it’s still a good fit. Or maybe you’re in a dressing room and wondering how in the world to tell if your bra fits or not! I hear you. Take a cue from the tips in the vide, and check out my Top 5 Bra Fit Tips video (and handy PDF guide) and get to know your bra size starting points.
- Warner’s No Side Effects – a fab basic bra with a seamless back and wonderful side coverage for a smooth look.
- Anita 5608 Edelweiss – a sexy number for a German brand that’s been in business over 140 years! They know what’s up.
- Parfait Charlotte in Red – a super retro and sassy style with extra firm support (at an amazing price point!)
- Warner’s Cloud 9 Wire-free bra – one of the softest, most cozy bras ever. EVER. This one features no underwires.
- Parfait 5251 – a great molded basic (with a fun stripe!), especially for fuller busts.
- On Gossamer 019750 – this little bump push up style adds a little extra oopmh.
- Simone Perele 12X310 Melmira – Um, hello French lingerie! Love the strap details on this gorgeous bra.
- Warner’s Cloud 9 – a buttery soft bra with the most a pretty lace back and j-hook conversion (so you can wear it as a racerback!)
- Anita Twin Range 5490 in Black – this classic basic bra has thicker, padded straps for extra comfort.
- La Vie en Rose Magnetic Attraction in mint green – this bra hooks in the front with a magnet. For real!
- Panache 6951X in blue print Melmira– another sassy, supportive printed lace style from this D cup and up UK brand.
Watch the video and get some great tips in the full article on Marilyn.ca!
I always suggest having 5-7 great bras to rotate in your bra wardrobe. If your bras no longer fit, or they don’t suit your style – get rid of them! Make room for and invest in styles that help you look and feel your best. You can find more information on what to look for in the most common types of bras in my segment with Marilyn above, and in this Hurray for Lingerie Q&A Video. Below are some of the styles that I shared, which are great examples of each.
Build Your Bra Wardrobe
Convertible or Strapless Bras:
- Strapless: Prima Donna Divine Strapless
- Convertible: On Gossamer Beautifully Basic Lace Back Plunge Bra in Champagne
Bralette: La Vie en Rose Pink Bralette
Wire Free: Warner’s Easy Does It
Full Bust Bralette: Parfait Adriana Bralette in sky blue
Once you’ve found your 5-7 great bras, you need to take care of them. I share some of my favorite tips for this in the segment, and I’ve got some additional resources and the scoop on the stuff I shared on the show below.
How to Care for Your Bras
- Get to know my lingerie wash of choice, Soak.
- In fact, I created an entire video series with this fab Canadian brand. Find videos and information on how to wash your bras, including my favorite accessories for drying them, plus Quick Care Tips for washing everything from swimsuits to shapewear on my Care page.
Store them properly.
- Don’t fold one molded up into the other!
- Learn how to do it the hurray way in my recent LiveAbout article.
Rotate their wear.
- Never wear the same bra two days in a row. Let the elastic relax.
- Make sure you have enough styles you love to wear in your wardrobe.