I’m back on The Marilyn Denis Show for another fabulous segment, and this one gets cozy and sassy all at once. Hurray!
Good sleepwear, loungewear, and lingerie are so underrated. I was so happy to share some of my favorite suggestions with Marilyn and the audience, especially with a good gift giving opportunity coming up. If you’re wondering “what is a good gift to give for Valentine’s Day or even Galentine’s Day, then you’re in the right place. Below you’ll find a recap from the show, a replay if you’re in Canada, and a few bonuses along the way. Hurray!
Oh! And because I’m known for bras, you’ll also find two great lounge and sleep bra options below. You didn’t think I’d leave you hanging, did you?
Psst! Some of the brands linked here are proud partners of mine (so grateful to share them with you!) or I may get a small thank you if you purchase through me. Your purchase through those links like these helps a lot in keeping articles like this coming your way. Either way, I always share items that I truly love and can help you say hurray!
In Canada? Check out the replay of the show (when it’s available) on the Marilyn site.
Buy & Try
To get your own great night’s sleep (or maybe lack thereof *wink wink*) here are the styles from the show to buy and try yourself, or to gift to someone you love!
Sloungewear from Miik
Here’s a loungewear tip: go for something versatile you can wear them in more than one way! The intimates industry is calling this “sloungewear” aka sleep/active/loungewear that work seamlessly with several parts of your life and it’s a huge trend across the globe! Canadian company, Miik, makes ideal sloungewear and uses eco materials! These are perfect to give to a friend or loved one as a cozy, versatile Valentine’s Day gift or beyond. Here are three top picks.
These cozy separates are so versatile! They can be worn for sleeping, lounging, running errands, traveling – you name it! They’re especially great if you’re on the go and don’t want to pack lots of things – you can mix and match these items to wear several ways. A few ideas:
- The cardigan can be worn over a dress or also used as a short robe.
- The tank can be worn with jeans or dressy pants. In fact, this top is reversible! It reverses from boatneck to scoop neck for two different looks in one tank.
- The pants are perfect for lounging or working out. And they have POCKETS. I actually wear these all the time for working from home!
Other awesome features:
- Miik uses sustainable fabrics that have 4-way stretch. This Modal in particular is extremely eco-friendly because the fibers come from sustainably harvested beech trees. They use Lenzing MicroModal® to ensure that the highest standards of environmental responsibility are met.
- The material has an extremely soft and smooth feel, is incredibly breathable, and is temperature regulating
- And great news: each are available in XS to XXL
- Miik items are 100% made in Canada and it’s a woman-owned and run company!
PS: Use code HURRAY15 for 15% off your Miik order — please note it is 1 use per customer and is for full priced merchandise only and a minimum order value of $40 is required for the coupon to activate.
Lounge Bra from WonderBra
Do you have a lounge bra? These are so great for lounging, errands, or working from home when you might not need the full support of an underwire or more structured bra. So go with a wire-free, stretchy bra that keeps your bust up without too much fuss. I like this from WonderBra and think you might, too!
WonderBra | New Wave Seamless Wireless Bra
- Designed with fused edges for a virtually invisible look under clothing and no scratchy seams
- Innovative lightweight 360° stretch fabric for easy on, easy off and no uncomfortable hardware
- Targeted zones for subtle, wire-free support
- Lightweight removable foam cups for customizable shape, support, and modesty
- Moisture-wicking fabric helps keep you cool and comfortable
- Great for wearing around the house, errands, or whenever you like!
- Sizes S-2XL
Wonderbra products are available to buy on Wonderbra.ca and Thebay.com (Canada only)
Pajamas from HUE
Next: snuggle up for a night in! Not everyone wants to go out and about for Vday. Some people love a good night in, cuddled up with their honey, a fur baby, or their friends! These cozy PJs from HUE are perfect for a movie night and popcorn with some great company – including the best company of all, you!
Hue | Animal Chenille Mix PJ Set
- Galentine’s Day approved for a great night in with your friends!
- Chenille oversized sweatshirt made from super soft knit and a kangaroo pocket (great for stashing snacks, your phone, or tissues!)
- The boatneck is great because it lets your neck breathe a little bit (no overheating)
- The pants have a wider leg opening which means easy movement and flow
- Hue is known for fun colors and prints and comfortable wear and their sleepwear is no different! Add in a punch of color during the long winter months for a dopamine hit and a dose of hurray!
- Sold as a set so they are so easy to give as a great Galentine’s gift
- Sizes S-XL
Get 40% off with code MD40off!
Sleep Bra from Anita
Did you know that some folks swear that sleeping in a bra helps keep things perky? While I can’t confirm or deny this, I do know some people love the slight support at night – especially during hormonal changes like your cycle or pregnancy when the bust might be tender, or full busted folks who want to keep things secure and avoid skin on skin contact. And I AM sure it’s best to sleep in something wire-free, stretchy, and a bit looser than your basic bra. You want to let your body move at night! This one from Anita is a great sleep bra option, so take a look below at the one I shared on the show.
Anita | Lynn Sleeping Bra
- Front closure bra with one hook and easy to use zipper
- No wire for flexible movement and no digging in while sleeping
- Comfortable seamless, stretch fabric for easy movement
- Flat back with no hardware for comfort while sleeping (no hook and eye digging in)
- Wear this to sleep, or for casual support while running errands, lounging, etc.
- Also a wonderful post surgical bra! Bonus: this has pockets if you wear a prosthesis or inserts!
- Sizes S-XXL
Lingerie from Aurelia
Warm up a cold night with something spicy! For those who are looking for something sassy, my friends at Aurelia have you covered. Not only do they have pretty lacy things and lingerie, they also have customizable boxes and subscriptions you can purchase for yourself or someone special. This special box was created just for The Marilyn Denis Show so give it a go below!
Giving lingerie as a gift can be really tricky! You can get the wrong size or send the wrong message. So how do you give lingerie to someone? One tip is to avoid bras or other items that are very specific in sizing, and go with something easier to fit. And it’s always a good idea to mix sensual and comfortable, since you want them to feel really awesome wearing it.
The sassy cami and shorts set I shared on the show are so beautiful and part of a special gift box from Canadian brand, Aurelia. This woman owned company offers curated lingerie box subscriptions to make lingerie shopping more enjoyable and more accessible. You can skip the dressing room and a specialist will actually shop on your behalf, or you can pick and choose what you want in this special “Lounge and Linger” box!
Personally, this cami and shorts set is a hurray for me because it mixes sass and comfort. And the classic satin robe over it can be worn again and again for a special occasion or whenever you want! And… you can also go even spicier if you want! This box has some strappy, red hot options, too!
Note: Aurelia handpicks high quality brands and makes gift giving super simple. A box like this is perfect for a Valentine’s Day gift to that extra special someone. And reminder – that special someone can be YOURSELF. I’m 100% for wearing this around your home while watching football or a rom com for no one but you!
Other bonuses about Aurelia:
- Free Shipping (for Canada, UK, and US) and orders come with a Free Bra Fitting Kit so if you do want to try one, you can order bra sizes with confidence.
Free Bra Class
Want to wear a bra without ripping it off at the end of the day? Watch How to Find a Comfortable Bra Fit For Your Body WITHOUT Wasting Your Money on Bras You Dread Wearing! Plus, you'll also get Kimmay's Bra Fit Guide, and a taste of Bra Confidence & Comfort™. Watch now and don't spend another minute feeling uncomfortable in your bra.
Your turn: Is there a certain material that helps you have a better night’s rest? Do you have anyone you’d like to gift these items to? Share with me over at @hurraykimmay on Instagram!
Credits: Hurray for all of the brand partners on the show – Miik, WonderBra, HUE, Anita, Aurelia. Thank you to The Marilyn Denis Show for having us, again! Their team is AMAZING.