Getting a good night’s sleep is vital for your physical and emotional help. And wearing sleepwear that feels good can help out a lot! So I was thrilled to join The Marilyn Denis Show once again with an educational shopping segment – this time on what to wear for a great night’s sleep!
Below you’ll find the information on all of the pajama and sleepwear options I shared on the show, including my advice on if it’s ok to sleep in a bra (along with some favorite suggestions.) Hurray!
Psst! Some of the brands linked here are proud partners of mine (so grateful to share them with you!) or I may get a small thank you if you purchase through me. Your purchase through those links like these helps a lot in keeping articles like this coming your way. Either way, I always share items that I truly love and can help you say hurray!
In Canada? Check out the replay of the show (when it’s available) on the Marilyn site.
Buy & Try
To get your own great night’s sleep, here are the styles from the show (and a few extra!) to buy and try yourself.
First up, this cozy, eco-friendly set from Canadian brand, Miik (pronounced “mick” like “click”) This female founded brand is really committed to sustainability and great fabrics, and their site has tons of info on their efforts – and one thing that really stuck out was their attention to the feel of the fabric, AND that it is long lasting. So this will not fade in the wash and will last!
Falling asleep in this buttery soft and stretchy eco-friendly fabric = sweet dreams. These soft touch pajamas seriously feel like butter against your skin.
Miik – Selena PJ Lounge Set
- Relaxed fit v-neck tee with hi-lo hem
- Contrast piping for a pop of style
- Flowy pajama bottoms with 1″ inch elastic waistband
- Great for sleeping or lounging
- Fabric is lightweight rayon from bamboo or modal (big commitment to sustainability!)
- Ethically-made in Canada from buttery soft, eco-luxe fabrics
More Cozy Sleepwear to Buy & Try
For those who want something more luxurious, you HAVE to check out Christine Lingerie. This Vancouver based company is about to celebrate its 50th year of making stunning silk sleepwear in their very own atelier in Canada. Every style is unique to the brand and uses a 19momme silk weight which is the highest grade in the world and let’s the silk drape and flow beautifully over any body shape.
Silk is not only a very soft material against the skin, it’s also a natural fiber so it has natural temperature regulating properties so it cools in hot temps and heats in colder temps. See here I shared a few selections from this company like the classic PJ, a long gown and matching robe (amazing for brides!), or a cute chemise and cover up. Whatever style of sleepwear you want, you can sleep like the regal queen you are!
And bonus! They make silk pillowcases which are great for your skin and hair!
Christine Lingerie – Classic Pajama Set
- Silk charmeuse, classic piped pajamas are tailored to be both elegant and comfortable
- Top features self covered buttons
- Pant has a back elastic waist and front drawstring for adjustability
- 100% Silk
- Made in Canada
- Sizes XS-XL in a variety of colors
More Silk Sleepwear to Buy & Try
Next up, for nightgown lovers who want a little support, you will LOVE this! Montelle is also a Canadian based brand that loves to use eco-friendly materials.
This time it’s soft and eco-friendly modal and a beautiful bust support chemise, with hidden and flexible underbust support. Excellent for those with a fuller bust who want a little lift at night!
Montelle – Modal Midi Chemise
- Soft and eco-friendly modal wraps you in comfort
- Feather flecked stretch lace with soft shimmer at the bodice and built-in bust support
- Adjustable straps for a great fit
- Midi length – it’s longer than a chemise but not as long as a gown. PERFECTION.
- Sizes S-XXXL and in a stretch material so it fits a range of sizes!
More Nightgowns to Buy & Try
Speaking of bust support at night, I get asked all the time if it’s ok to sleep in a bra. So here’s the answer.
There is a rumor that wearing a bra to bed can help maintain the shape and lift of your bust but most of my fitting clients choose to wear them just because it feels good to do so. A bit of support or bust separation at night is especially helpful for those who are pregnant, or nursing (which also keeps breast pads in place), just had surgery, or are very full busted. It just depends on what feels good to YOU!
First, if you are going to sleep in a bra make sure it is WIRE FREE, and ideally hardware free – so no hooks and eyes or strap sliders. It should fit a little looser than your everyday bra so that your body can move and breathe in your sleep. And of course, if it’s made of a super soft material, that’s even better.
I love the Elita bras! This Canadian brand’s bras are all wire-free and made from various, super soft materials and so easy to wear to sleep. Just slip these over the head before you head to bed!
Elita – Modaluxe Crossover Bra
- Soft modaluxe sleep bra for moderate sizes
- Light as air and very breathable
- Cross over style is simple (great for nursing parents, too!)
- Zero hardware so it’s easy to sleep in
- Comes in band sizes only and the cup stretches to fit 2-3 cup sizes
Elita – Full Figure Cotton Soft Cup Bra
- Full bust option in breathable cotton
- Strategically placed ruching in the front keeps the bust separated (fuller busted folks often complain about their breasts touching and getting sweaty at night! This solves that!)
- No hardware so you will be sleeping in a cloud
- Comes in band sizes 38-46 and stretches to fit fuller bust sizes
More Sleep Bras to Buy & Try
Bust Support Tanks
And finally, for those who want something different I’m totally obsessed with the Bra:30 from PJ Harlow. This is the “after bra” and meant to be worn when you take off your bra but you want SOME support. The ribbed material of these tank tops offer just enough compression to gently keep things in place – even for fuller figures and busts! It’s great for after work and before sleep, but I personally sleep in these, too!
On the show I shared the sporty style which is shorter, and the scoop neck which is longer and offers a little smoothing over the tummy and both are so perfect for lounging, sleeping, even running errands… or a flight across the globe! I usually wear a 34DD and I wore one of these tanks with no bra and just a blazer over it on an overnight flight to London or on super long car rides to the National Parks with my honey… and it was SO comfortable!
By the way! Get 20% off the entire PJ Harlow site with code: HURRAY20
PJ Harlow – Bra:30 Tank
- No hardware! Just uses slight compression to keep things in place
- Made in the USA
- Perfect layering, lounging, or sleep tanks
- Supports petite to full busts with low, gentle support
- Come in several colors, cuts, and even tie-dye prints
- Sizes S-XXL
My favorite Bra:30 Tanks
Get 20% off the entire PJ Harlow site with code: HURRAY20
Free Bra Class
Want to wear a bra without ripping it off at the end of the day? Watch How to Find a Comfortable Bra Fit For Your Body WITHOUT Wasting Your Money on Bras You Dread Wearing! Plus, you'll also get Kimmay's Bra Fit Guide, and a taste of Bra Confidence & Comfort™. Watch now and don't spend another minute feeling uncomfortable in your bra.