Hurray! Back on Rachael Ray and back in the studio! With so many folks staying indoors or working from home, going “braless and lawless” during the pandemic became a new norm. Now, as the world reopens, people are asking themselves: “to bra or not to bra?” Going braless is totally up to each person! The truth is you get to decide what you wear over your heart each day – whether that’s a super supportive bra or no bra at all! Hurray!
Below, I’m recapping some of the cozy options (one isn’t a bra at all!) to give you some mild to secure support so that you can decide what makes you feel comfortable and confident (and say hurray!). These are the style you wear when you don’t really want to wear a bra. Shop the styles I shared on the show (plus more options that didn’t make it to air)!
Psst! Some of the brands linked here are proud partners of mine (so grateful to share them with you!) or I may get a small thank you if you purchase through me. Your purchase through those links like these helps a lot in keeping articles like this coming your way. Either way, I always share items that I truly love and can help you say hurray!
Watch the recap video clip on the Rachael Ray website!
Casual Bra-Free Support Top
First up was Aja, who is 22 and very cool. She wanted some low support to go with her chill vibe, for hanging out with her friends and lounging around, or maybe running errands around New York City. I had just the thing for her (and many of you!) The Bra:30 is for the person who is ready to take off their bra but doesn’t want to go completely braless and wants SOME support. They call this an “after bra”. What time is it? Bra:30!
I’m currently obsessed with these amazing ribbed tank tops! I’ve worn these to lounge, work from home, sleep, travel, run errands, you name it! As mentioned on the show, I wore one without a bra (and just a blazer over it) on an overnight flight from NY to London. Easy and comfortable! PS: this does NOT have any built-in front coverage so if you want some, try some nipple covers.
Bra:30 by PJ Harlow
- The ribbing has just enough compression to keep things gently in place without a shelf bra, wires, or bra band. So cozy!
- Light support (so do not expect your regular bra level support or coverage). That said, even my colleagues with a VERY full bust love these for lounging!
- They’re amazing.
- They come in several colors and lengths. My favorite is the Sporty or Hipster! Aja wore the Strappy in tie dye on the show.
- Made in the USA
- Sizes S-XXL
- Price ranges $35-$39
Other Tops to Buy & Try
Honeylove – LiftWear Cami (10% off with this link)
Buttery Smooth, Wire-free Bra
Next up is Amber! Amber has returned to the office and wants something comfortable, wire-free, easy to move in, and can even be worn for teaching a movement class after work. This True & Co. bra was a hit because of its smooth shape and optional coverage (removable pads!). I’ve worn this little number myself and it provides a clean, moderate support look. This bra option is for the person who wants ultra smooth, second skin, no wire support that disappears under clothes.
The Body Lift Scoop Neck Bra by True & Co
- Buttery soft fabric – feels like being naked, but better
- Keeps shape and retains stretch – all day, every day
- Wirefree support, no hardware
- Removable modesty pads included
- Pull over with ease (not too tight!)
- Easy sizing XS-2XL INCLUDING standard and full bust options!
- Price: $58
Other Wire-Free Bras to Buy & Try
Honeylove – V-Neck Bra (10% off with this link)
Super Soft, Comfortable Underwire Bra
Finally, the lovely Karyn says she works from home in her studio and WANTS an underwire. She loves the support and shape she gets from an underwire bra but is skeptical that a comfortable option exists. Good news for Karyn (and ya’ll!). This Chantelle underwire bra meets the moment, as folks seek a new level of comfort, support AND style. Wire-free or low support isn’t actually as comfortable for everyone so this is a great option! This is for the full busted person who wants COMFORTABLE underwire support or shape. Underwire bras can be comfortable too (especially if they fit well, and depending on how they are made), and this one has comfort in the name for a reason! I’ve worn this and my bra colleagues rave about it! Shop it at a local boutique or pick it up online.
Norah Comfort Underwire Bra by Chantelle
- Underwire and soft seamed support (those inner seams are like support beams!)
- Seamless lace overlay so you get support and a smooth look
- Sexy sheerness at top, lined for support and modest opacity at the bottom.
- Adaptable to most bust types because of the hybrid construction and stretch fabrics! So great if your body is changing shapes (um, everyone in the pandemic)
- Knit fabric and stretch lace with yummmmmmmy softness and comfort around the band and straps.
- Amazing size range 32-42 and C-H cup!
- Price: $74
Other Comfortable Underwire Bras to Buy & Try
Free Bra Class
Want to wear a bra without ripping it off at the end of the day? Watch How to Find a Comfortable Bra Fit For Your Body WITHOUT Wasting Your Money on Bras You Dread Wearing! Plus, you'll also get Kimmay's Bra Fit Guide, and a taste of Bra Confidence & Comfort™. Watch now and don't spend another minute feeling uncomfortable in your bra.
Personal note: This taping was really emotional for me, as in person filming had been on hiatus since March 2020. It filled my heart like no other to work with them again and to get to share my heart in a BIG way again. These aren’t just cozy undergarment options I’m sharing here. This is my opportunity to help people support and adorn a sacred part of themselves – right over your heart, and to help millions of people say hurray inside, outside, and underneath™. Hurray!