Do you sleep hot? Or sleep next to someone who does? I’ve got you with my latest Today Show segment!
It’s still summer, and it’s still hot outside (especially here in Oklahoma). AND all year round there are MANY reasons that people get overheated at night, from menopause or other hormonal changes, medications or treatments, and lots of other reasons (like your partner acting as a furnace next to you *cough my husband cough*) And a good night’s sleep is VITAL for our overall health and wellness. Never fear! With the help of Jenna, Hoda, and some fabulous viewers from around the States (and right here in my home studio!) I’ve got some great, cooling options for you in my latest Today Show segment!
Below you’ll find cooling sleepwear and breathable pajamas for everyone in the family, including the styles I shared on the show and several more options that we didn’t have time to get to on the air! There are sleepwear styles for the whole family, so everyone can be cool and comfortable. Hurray!
Psst! Some of the brands linked here are proud partners of mine (so grateful to share them with you!) or I may get a small thank you if you purchase through me. Your purchase through those links like these helps a lot in keeping articles like this coming your way. Either way, I always share items that I truly love and can help you say hurray!
Want to watch the replay of this segment? Head over to the Today Show website to shop the looks and see a replay of the segment when it’s available!
Cooling Tech Sleepwear
Duluth Trading Co – Armachillo PJs
- I first experienced this in their underwear, and now they have a brand new PJ line out!
- Made-in-the-Jade™ fabric technology uses actual crushed jade embedded into the fabric to absorb and dissipate heat to actually cool and slinky your skin!
- Fabric is also antimicrobial, quick-dry, lightweight, durable, machine washable, and wicks moisture
- The V-neck adds style and extra ventilation and the pants have pockets!
- Bonus: UPF 40 protection for sunny mornings
Eileen West – Watercolor Dream Nightgown and Robe
- I am obsessed with these old fashioned nightgowns!
- Cotton Lawn is a woven cotton material using fine, high-thread-count yarns, which results in a silky, untextured feel. It is a sheer and airy fabric that feels extremely soft and luxurious against your skin.
- Great alternative to traditional sleepwear and you stay cool all night
- So lightweight you can wear the pretty matching robe to cover up without heating up
- Comes in several colors, prints, and lengths
- Sizes XS-XL fits sizes 2-20 and tip: these run large so size down!
Bust Support Chemise
Bravissimo – Zara Nightdress
- Boob sweat is a real thing, ya’ll! If you have a full bust you know that sometimes that skin on skin feeling on your torso is too warm. So get some lift with this!
- Built-in support based on the best-selling, breathable lace bralette
- Non wire, and no hook and eye fastening at the back which feels comfy and makes it easy to pull on too
- Super soft jersey fabric with a loose fit, so it skims rather than clings to your figure for cooling air flow
- Band sizes 28-38 and UK cup sizes (get ready for this) D-J cup. FOR REAL.
Tommy John – Cool Cotton Sleep Pant
- Both men’s and women’s options are available (men’s pictured here).
- Cool Cotton sleep pants are made from a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that keeps you 2-3x cooler and dries 4-5x faster than regular cotton.
- Waistband that won’t roll, bunch, or pinch.
- Tagless label for enhanced comfort.
- Bonus: two functional side pockets
- Men’s and women’s sizes
Tommy John – Cool Cotton Sleep Shirt
- Made of their popular, luxuriously soft Second Skin fabric (my husband’s favorite underwear material!) silky-soft, non-pilling and feels so cozy against your skin
- Modern Fit: Non-restrictive, designed for your body, not a box
- Fade-Free: No color fading, looks newer for longer
- Men’s S-XXL and Women’s XS-XXL sizes (women’s pictured here)
Hanro – Pure Essence Pajama Set
Moisture Wicking PJs
Cool-jams – Moisture Wicking Snap Front Nightshirt
- Regular cotton fabric absorbs moisture but dries very slowly, trapping the moisture next to your skin. Cool-jams uses moisture-wicking smart fabric that absorbs both heat and moisture quicker than regular cotton, draws the moisture away from the skin and evaporates quickly, keeping your body temperature controlled all night.
- Super soft “cotton-like” comfort and feel
- Lasts 6 times longer than cotton fabric (durable!)
- Bonus: a nightshirt like this is great for someone who is recovering from surgery and can’t lift up their arms OR for easy access for a nursing parent.
- Many styles and colors available
- Sizes S-XXXL
Cool-jams – Moisture Wicking T-shirt & Shorts
- Great tee and short set comes in a few simple colors
- When you’re hot, the fabric keeps you cool. And when you’re cold, the fabric will keep your body temperature just right. feels like soft cotton but testing shows that it is one of the fastest wicking and drying materials in the world.
- Odor and bacterial control
- Certified lab testing shows that it performs better than any other wicking sleepwear tested.
- Sizes M-XXL
Kids’ Breathable Sleepwear
Speaking of parents and kiddos – kids need to feel cool and comfortable at night, too! These Little Sleepies pjs are ADORABLE and come in lots of fun prints and patterns, from preemie to a 3XL in adult sizes!
Little Sleepies – Sweet Treats Bamboo Zippy
- Buttery soft, stretchy custom-milled bamboo viscose fabric that’s gentle on sensitive or eczema prone skin
- Seasonless bamboo fabric keeps you cool when it’s hot and cozy when it’s cold. Great for hot sleepers!
- Made of the softest, stretchiest bamboo fabric and feature foot cuffs, allowing them to fit three times as long as the average sleeper!
- Bonus: No tags to irritate or scratch skin and the zippies feature a double zipper to make middle of the night diaper changes a breeze
- Every purchase gives back to to fund childhood cancer research
- Founded by a mom, many matching prints with sizes available for all ages!
PJ Salvage – Modal Jersey Pajamas
- I help a lot of people through menopause and a big complaint are hot flashes and night sweats. No more waking up from the heat and tossing and turning with the blanket!
- Modal is a stretchy, soft material with a very breathable weave, and it’s typically 50% more absorbent than cotton; micropores inside the fabric absorb any water or sweat so you stay dry!
- Another tip to stay cool is go with either shorts, short sleeves, or sleeveless! A little less coverage can keep you cool (and still looking cool!)
- Self-bra in tank and adjustable waist and straps
- Bonus: modal is also more eco-friendly than most cotton.
- Sizes: XS-XXL
Your turn: Do you sleep hot or know someone who does? Which of the styles above do you want to buy & try for yourself? Share your thoughts or experiences with me @hurraykimmay on Instagram!
Credits: Special thanks to Nathan Holliday of Story Co. for his photo and video work! Additional thanks to the lovely volunteer viewers who modeled the looks, including Shelia and Bobbi in person, as well as Krista, David, Tara, Angie, Nick, Casey, and Nana-ama. Superstars! And big hurray to The Today Show crew and producers, as well as Hoda and Jenna!
PS thanks to ModCloth for the cute ModCloth x Barbie dress I’m wearing! It was SO cute and there are just a few sizes left 😉